Bloomberg BNA's Supplier Diversity Program
It is the policy of the Bureau of National Affairs, Inc. to foster the productivity and economic growth of small, disabled, veteran, women, and minority-owned businesses. Through outreach efforts, Bloomberg BNA provides fair and equal procurement opportunities for all capable competitive suppliers and vendors. By engaging supplier diversity as a value added strategy, Bloomberg BNA expands business and obtains quality products and services while ensuring that our suppliers adequately reflect our customer base.
Products and Services
Bloomberg BNA seeks small and minority-owned businesses that can provide the following products and services:
- Editorial services (legal research and writing, copy editing, and journalism)
- Information Technology
- Data processing
- Computer software
- Printing, binding and mailing
- Delivery Services
- Advertising/Graphic design
- Equipment (PC’s, Laptops)
- Phone service
- Office Supplies
- Looseleaf binders/Tab Set
Bloomberg BNA considers the following factors in awarding contracts to prospective suppliers and vendors:
- High quality products and services – The quality of products and services is paramount to Bloomberg BNA. Bloomberg BNA expects vendors and suppliers to deliver the same or better quality of products and services than BNA extends to our own customers.
- Cost-efficient – Bloomberg BNA appreciates cost cutting measures used by prospective suppliers and vendors that does not compromise the quality of the product or the level of customer service.
- Quality customer service – Bloomberg BNA considers quality customer service of vital importance. Bloomberg BNA expects vendors and suppliers to deliver the same or better customer service than Bloomberg BNA extends to our own customers.
Third Party Certification
Although third party certification is not required to participate in Bloomberg BNA’s Supplier Diversity Program, small and minority-owned businesses are encouraged to obtain certifications from the following agencies:
- National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC) or its affiliates
- National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO)
- Women’s Business Enterprise Council (WBENC)
- United States Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUB)
- City, State, or Federal Certification Agencies
As the leading publisher of print and electronic news, Bloomberg BNA has numerous contracting and subcontracting opportunities for small and minority-owned businesses. Bloomberg BNA utilizes the following process in identifying and selecting small and minority suppliers and vendors:
- Completing the application: In order to be considered in the procurement process, suppliers should complete and submit the Supplier Registration Application. This will provide Bloomberg BNA with the basic information about your company so that your information can be logged and maintained in an internal database.
- Review: The Supplier Diversity Group will review all applications. In the event there is an existing need for your products or services, you may be contacted by the Bloomberg BNA purchaser.
- Confirmation email: Once the application has been submitted, you will receive a confirmation email.
- Vendor Supplier Database: If there is no current need for your products or services, your information will be logged and maintained in the internal database that is accessible to potential Bloomberg BNA purchasers. While inclusion in the database does not guarantee that a contract will be awarded, Bloomberg BNA purchasers are encouraged to include companies listed in the database in the procurement process if they meet the requirements. The information will be maintained in the database for one year. The supplier is responsible for updating the information and notifying BBNA if they would like to be included in the database for the subsequent year.
- Contact: For further information regarding Bloomberg BNA’s Supplier Diversity Program, contact Demedre Heulett, Corporate Counsel/EEO Manager via email at email@example.com or at 703.341.2005.
Updated January 2014